Station data home
A monthly file contains the temperature anomaly for each station for that month. The monthly files are produced from the station files to speed up gridding. The data in the files is selected to provide all information required by the gridder
A monthly file has the following format:
104100 -2.9 2.0 D
107080 -2.9 2.3 E
103790 -3.7 2.2 D
101470 -2.9 2.2 D
107380 -2.6 2.2 E
100350 -2.3 2.0 D
107390 -2.4 2.3 D
105540 -4.4 2.4 D
- The first column is the station number.
- The second column is the temperature anomaly for that station for that month.
- The third colum is the station standard deviation for that station for that month.
- The fourth column is a climatology flag; it gives the climatology source for that station:
- D: means the source is 'Data'.
- E: means the source is 'Extrapolated'.
- W: means the source is 'WMO'.
There is one monthly file for each month.
Last updated: 2005/04/04
Maintained by: Philip Brohan.